Skin Tumors and Reactions to Cancer Therapies (STARC)
Pediatric skin cancer is rare but devastating, and standard cancer therapies are associated with both short- and long-term consequences. PeDRA’s STARC Focused Study Group works tirelessly to refine our understanding of primary skin tumors, to generate longitudinal data on the natural history and outcomes of potential precursors of skin malignancy, and to define and address unmet needs in cutaneous complications from therapies.
The STARC Focused Study Group is Chaired by Karina Vivar, MD of Northwestern University, and Vice-Chaired by Christina Boull, MD of the University of Minnesota.
- A Multi-Center Retrospective Cohort Study on the Utility of Ancillary Studies in the Risk Assessment and Management of Spitz Nevi, Atypical Spitzoid Tumors, and Spitzoid Melanoma in the Pediatric Population
- Beyond the phenotype – A targeted sequencing study to identify the spectrum of genetic mutations in pyogenic granulomas
- Characterizing the Cutaneous Late Effects in Pediatric Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation Recipients
- Chronic Graft versus Host Disease
- Consensus-based recommendations for management of pediatric Mycosis Fungoides: the ARMFUL (AppRoach Mycosis FUngoides in chiLdren) study
Hawryluk, Elena, et al. “Risk Factors and Outcomes of Melanoma in Children and Adolescents: A Retrospective Multicenter Study” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (2023).
Sachdeva, Muskaan, et al. “Incidence of and Risk Factors for Keratinocyte Carcinoma After Pediatric Solid Organ Transplant” JAMA Dermatology (2022).
Linggonegoro, Danny, et al. “Supportive Oncodermatology in Pediatric Patients” Dermatologic Clinics (2022).
Jahnke, Marla, et al. “Care of Congenital Melanocytic Nevi in Newborns and Infants: Review and Management Recommendations” Pediatrics (2021).
Zhong, Connie, et al. “Characteristics of non-melanoma skin cancer in children without identifiable risk factors” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (2020).
Boull, Christina, et al. “Cutaneous Reactions in Children Treated with MEK Inhibitors, BRAF Inhibitors, or Combination Therapy: A Multi-Center Study” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (2020).
Hawryluk, Elena, et al. “A Retrospective Multicenter Study of Fatal Pediatric Melanoma” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (2020).
Akinshemoyin Vaughn, Olushola, et al. “Clinical and histologic presentation of pediatric reactive granulomatous dermatitis.” Pediatric Dermatology (2020).
Huang, Jennifer, et al. “Risk Factors and Outcomes of Nonmelanoma Skin Cancer in Children and Young Adults.” Journal of Pediatrics (2019).
Bartenstein, Diana W., et al. “Contrasting features of childhood and adolescent melanomas.” Pediatric Dermatology (2018).
“Pediatric Skin Cancer: Patient Perspectives.” Pediatric Dermatology (2017).
Active Member Locations
Send us an email to get connected to the STARC group or to learn more.