Pediatric skin diseases are prevalent and take a devastating toll on the physical, social, and psychological well-being of children and their families. Established in 2012 as the first-ever research alliance in pediatric dermatology, PeDRA is a vibrant organization driven by the mission to create, inspire, and sustain research to prevent, treat, and cure childhood skin disease. PeDRA currently supports more than 600 members working on more than 70 collaborative research projects, as well as a robust annual conference, ongoing education and mentorship programs, and research grants and fellowships offerings. Explore our Getting to Know You interview series and the PeDRA Member Spotlight to learn more about the individuals who make up PeDRA’s vibrant and diverse membership community.
Benefits of Being a Member
- Be part of a vibrant community of dedicated investigators who formulate ideas, establish collaborations, and conduct research in support of children and their families.
- Access to centralized support services designed to enable efficient, effective research for investigators with limited time and resources.
- Opportunities to learn and connect through activities like the PeDRA Mentorship Program and PeDRA Annual Conference.
- Grow your network beyond academia through PeDRA’s connections to industry and patient advocacy.
- Become a recognized leader in the field through the publication of high-impact research and opportunities to participate on PeDRA boards and committees.
- And much more!
PeDRA has over 600 members across 180+ institutions.
Join today through one of PeDRA’s four membership categories:
- Active Member*: Investigators and/or clinicians with a commitment to research in pediatric dermatology or an area relevant to pediatric dermatology.
- Affiliate Member*: PhD scientists, allied health professionals, research coordinators, and other members of a research team with a commitment to collaborative research.
- Trainee Member (FREE): Graduate or medical students, postdocs, residents, and fellows who are currently participating in clinical and/or research training in pediatric dermatology or an area relevant to pediatric dermatology.
- Community Member (FREE): Parents, advocates, and/or patients over the age of 18 with a direct connection or significant interest in childhood skin disease or pediatric dermatology research.
- Interested in an institutional membership? Email us.
- *Membership pricing can be found on the membership application and membership renewal forms.
Learn More About Our Members
The purpose of the PeDRA Member Spotlight recognizes members’ accomplishments and their service and contributions to the field of pediatric dermatology research.
In this series of video interviews you can learn how our leaders, investigators, trainees, staff, and patient partners got where they are today, and entertaining tidbits about who they are outside of work.
Each quarter, PeDRA shines a light on a different patient advocacy organization, highlighting the incredible work they do to support patients and families, and the important role they play in research.
For more information or questions, please email us.