In 2022, the 10th PeDRA Annual Conference is expected to bring together more than 350 participants—including dedicated scientists, industry partners, patients, and advocates—to learn, share, and advance research that improves the lives of children facing the burden of skin disease. Whether you’re a longtime PeDRA member, parent of a child with skin disease, or considering research in the field for the first time, the PeDRA Annual Conference is the event for you this November. Don’t miss it!
The 10th PeDRA Annual Conference is being planned as a hybrid event with a focus on in-person engagement and the option to participate virtually.
- Reimagining Community – The conference will kick-off with a look at the past, present, and future of the pediatric dermatology research community along with an energizing audience activity.
- Chasing My Cure – Keynote session featuring David Fajgenbaum, MD, MBA from the University of Pennsylvania, who will share his experience building the Castleman Disease Collaborative Network, creating a community of scientists, and fostering a paradigm-shifting economic model for clinical research.
- Introducing Yourself to Your Community – The 2022 Early Investigator Forum will welcome back Melissa Marshall for a dynamic session that prepares early investigators for the all-important elevator pitch.
- Finding Your Purpose – Featured speaker, Vic Strecher, PhD, MPH from the University of Michigan will speak on leveraging collective genius and purpose to break down barriers and create breakthroughs with collaborative research.
- Saturday morning focus on NIH – PeDRA will welcome the new director of NIAMS, Lindsey Criswell, MD, MPH, DSc, for a featured presentation to be followed by a plenary session on the community of resources at NIH.
- 2nd Annual NextGen Research Forum – Students and recent graduates will have the chance to present research and gain valuable career guidance.
- Breakout Sessions – Focused Study Groups and project teams will come together to discuss new and ongoing collaborative research studies.
- Original Research – shared during two poster receptions and as oral presentations of selected abstracts.
- Patient Engagement activities, including the 3rd Camp Wonder at PeDRA being hosted by the Children’s Skin Disease Foundation, giving patient stakeholders and scientists the chance to connect to make an impact on pediatric dermatology research.
- Partner Exhibits – Patient groups and industry partners will share resources and connect with attendees.
Michele Ramien, MD
University of Calgary
Lisa Arkin, MD
University of Wisconsin
Chairs plan the PeDRA Annual Conference with critical leadership and support from the PeDRA Meetings Committee
Information coming soon.
Abstracts and Posters
Abstracts will be accepted for consideration as posters and oral presentations at the 2022 PeDRA Annual Conference. Please check back for more information and the abstract submission form, expected to go live this June.
NextGen Research Forum – Information coming soon.
Dash for Discovery fun run/walk – Information coming soon.
Camp Wonder at PeDRA – This FREE, kids-only event will be hosted through a special partnership with the Children’s Skin Disease Foundation (CSDF) . More information coming soon.
Breakout sessions will be held throughout the conference as venues to discuss new or ongoing collaborative research projects. Please note that breakout sessions will not be used for presentations of final results. More information coming soon.
The 2022 conference will provide many partnership opportunities for industry and patient advocacy organizations. Please review the 2022 Annual Conference Partnership Prospectus for available opportunities.
To stay connected and receive conference updates, join our e-mail list:
Last updated February 15, 2022
To learn more about previous annual conferences click here.