The 2021 PeDRA Annual Conference will take place virtually October 14-15, 2021. Conference organizers were closely monitoring the COVID-19 public health emergency and made the difficult decision to make the conference fully virtual in April.
Please bookmark this page and check back often for updates.
- Keynote Session: Diversity and Inclusion in Research – featuring a presentation by Dorothy Roberts, JD from the University of Pennsylvania
- Early Investigator Forum: Finding Your Career Happy Place: Thriving, Not Just Surviving – strengthening the skills of early career investigators in the field
- Plenary Sessions: Building Bridges with Industry & Patient Advocacy and Building Bridges with Basic & Translational Scientists – speakers include:
- Mike Rosenblum, MD, PhD – UCSF
- Peter Nigrovic, MD – Harvard
- Thom Rossi, PhD – Venthera
- Sandra Taylor – Costello Syndrome Family Network
- Kelly Cordoro, MD – UCSF
- Beth Drolet, MD – University of Wisconsin
- Dawn Siegel, MD – MCW
- Special Session: Finding a Problem Worth Solving – featuring a presentation and interactive activities lead by Lilit Garibyan, MD, PhD from Harvard and the Magic Wand Initiative
- Breakout Sessions – bringing together Focused Study Groups and project teams to discuss new and ongoing collaborative research studies
- Digital Poster Forum – featuring digital posters and an on-demand highlight reel of abstracts selected for brief oral presentations.
- Patient Engagement activities featuring the 2nd Camp Wonder at PeDRA being hosted by the Children’s Skin Disease Foundation – giving patient stakeholders and scientists the chance to connect to make an impact on pediatric dermatology research
- Virtual Partner Exhibits – giving patient groups and industry partners the chance to share resources and connect with attendees
Yvonne Chiu, MD
Medical College of Wisconsin
Jen Huang, MD
Harvard Medical School
Co-Chairs plan the PeDRA Annual Conference with critical leadership and support from the PeDRA Meetings Committee
We will be accepting abstracts for consideration as digital posters and an on-demand highlight reel of selected oral presentations. Please check back in June for more information on abstracts and a link to submit. The 2021 abstract submission deadline is expected to fall during the first week of September.
Registration for the 2021 Annual Conference will open this summer. Please check back in June for more information and a link to register.
View the 2021 PeDRA Annual Conference prospectus to learn about industry and advocacy participation and sponsorship opportunities at this year’s conference. The virtual format is expected to broaden the audience at this year’s conference and offers exciting ways to be involved.
Feedback from 2020 virtual conference
Highlights from 2019 in-person conference
To learn more about previous annual conferences click here.
To stay connected and receive conference updates, join our e-mail list:
Last updated April 13, 2021