The 2021 PeDRA Annual Conference will take place October 14-16, 2021 in Bethesda, MD. Conference organizers are closely monitoring the COVID-19 public health emergency and are ready to pivot to a virtual or hybrid event if necessary.
Please bookmark this page and check back often for updates.
- Keynote Session: Diversity and Inclusion in Research – featuring a presentation by Dorothy Roberts, JD from the University of Pennsylvania
- Early Investigator Forum: Finding Your Career Happy Place: Thriving, Not Just Surviving – strengthening the skills of early career investigators in the field through presentations and interactive activities
- Plenary Sessions: Building Bridges with Industry & Patient Advocacy and Building Bridges with Basic & Translational Scientists – confirmed speakers include:
- Mike Rosenblum, MD, PhD – UCSF
- Peter Nigrovic, MD – Harvard
- Thom Rossi, PhD – Venthera
- Sandra Taylor – Costello Syndrome Family Network
- Kelly Cordoro, MD – UCSF
- Beth Drolet, MD – University of Wisconsin
- Dawn Siegel, MD – MCW
- Special Session: Finding a Problem Worth Solving – featuring a presentation and interactive activities lead by Lilit Garibyan, MD, PhD from Harvard and the Magic Wand Initiative
- Breakout Sessions – bringing together study groups and project teams to discuss new and ongoing collaborative research studies
- Poster Forum and Oral Presentations – showcasing the latest research in the field and updates on active studies
- Patient Engagement activities featuring the 2nd Camp Wonder at PeDRA being hosted by the Children’s Skin Disease Foundation – giving patient stakeholders and scientists the chance to connect to make an impact on pediatric dermatology research
- Partner Exhibits – giving patient groups and industry partners the chance to share resources and connect with attendees
Yvonne Chiu, MD
Medical College of Wisconsin
Jen Huang, MD
Harvard Medical School
Co-Chairs plan the PeDRA Annual Conference with critical leadership and support from the PeDRA Meetings Committee
Abstracts for the 2021 PeDRA Annual Conference will be accepted for consideration as posters and/or oral presentations. Please check back in June for more information on abstracts and a link to submit. The 2021 abstract submission deadline is expected to fall during the first week of September.
Registration for the 2021 Annual Conference is expected to open this summer. Please check back in June for more information and a link to register.
An exciting lineup of opportunities will be available to industry and advocacy partners interested in supporting the 2021 PeDRA Annual Conference. Please check back for our 2021 Annual Conference Prospectus and feel free to email us with any questions now.
Feedback from 2020 virtual conference
Highlights from 2019 in-person conference
To learn more about previous annual conferences click here.
To stay connected and receive conference updates, join our e-mail list:
Last updated January 20, 2021