October 22-24, 2020
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Metro Center 1
Bethesda, MD 20814
Click here to view the preliminary 2020 agenda.
In 2020 the 8th PeDRA Annual Conference expects to welcome more than two hundred participants – including dedicated scientists, partners from industry and government, patients, and advocates – to learn, share, and advance research that improves the lives of children and families facing the burden of pediatric skin diseases. Whether you’re a longtime PeDRA member or a scientist considering research in the field for the first time, the PeDRA Annual Conference is the place to be this October.
2020 Conference Co-Chairs
Yvonne Chiu, MD from the Medical College of Wisconsin and Jen Huang, MD from Harvard Medical School
PeDRA’s Board of Directors is keeping a close eye on the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic and currently plans to move forward with an in-person conference. However, preparations are being made for hybrid and virtual options if an in-person conference is not possible. Any updates related to COVID-19 and the 2020 PeDRA Annual Conference will be posted here.
This year’s theme is Power of Engagement. Highlights include:
- Early Investigator Forum – Strengthening the skills of early career investigators in the field
- Keynote Session – Featuring Daniel Kastner, MD, PhD from the National Human Genome Research Institute
- NIH Engagement Panel – Showcasing the outcomes and challenges of collaboration between NIH and academic researchers
- Plenary Sessions – Providing practical education to engage with important stakeholders inside and outside the field of pediatric dermatology
- Breakout Sessions – Facilitating collaboration and advancing research within PeDRA’s five working groups
- Expert Consultations – Meet with experts for individualized guidance on how to build research skills and succeed
- Poster Sessions and Oral Presentations – Showcasing the latest research in the field and updates on active studies. Abstracts welcome from academia, patient advocacy, and industry
- Patient Track – Giving patient stakeholders the chance to connect with scientists and each other to make an impact on pediatric dermatology research
- New! Children’s Camp – Run in collaboration with the Children’s Skin Disease Foundation, the camp will provide structured activities for pediatric patient attendees and families
View the 2020 PeDRA Annual Conference prospectus to learn about industry and advocacy sponsorship opportunities at this year’s conference.
PeDRA Conference Testimonial
2019 Conference Highlights
To learn more about previous annual conferences click here.
To stay connected and get conference updates, join our e-mail list.