Due to uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic and commitment to the health, safety, and comfort of all attendees, PeDRA leadership made the decision to conduct the 2020 Annual Conference virtually, October 22 – 23. Thank you to everyone who participated!
Download the PeDRA Virtual Conference Zoom background here!
- NIH Engagement Panel -Showcasing the outcomes and challenges of collaboration between NIH and academic researchers.
- Keynote Session – Featuring Daniel Kastner, MD, PhD from the National Human Genome Research Institute.
- Early Investigator Forum – Strengthening the skills of early career investigators in the field. This year’s forum will feature stories of challenges and success in pursuit of NIH funding.
- The Research-Impact of COVID-19 – A special panel showcasing perseverance during the pandemic.
- Virtual Breakout Sessions – Bringing together study groups and project teams to discuss new and ongoing collaborative research studies.
- Digital Poster Forum – Showcasing the latest research in the field and updates on active studies. Special thanks to Castle Creek Biosciences for their support of the 2020 Digital Poster Forum. PeDRA members may continue to access digital posters HERE.
- Patient Engagement – Giving patient stakeholders and scientists the chance to connect to make an impact on pediatric dermatology research. This year’s activities will feature a guided tour though the Digital Poster Forum and Camp Wonder at PeDRA 2020 being hosted by the Children’s Skin Disease Foundation.
Watch our 10-minute guide to engaging patients at this year’s conference.
- Virtual Exhibit Space – Giving patient groups and industry partners the chance to share content and resources through an easily accessible platform.
Click here to view the full agenda or download a printable version here.
- Yvonne Chiu, MD from the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Jen Huang, MD from Harvard Medical School
Abstracts and Posters
Abstracts for the virtual conference are no longer being accepted. Click here for information on the Digital Poster Forum or send us an email with any questions.
SPECIAL EVEVNT – 2020 POSTER PUB CRAWL
Thanks to everyone who signed up for PeDRA’s first-ever virtual Poster Pub Crawl! This special networking event will take place from 6:15-7PM ET on Thursday, October 22, just after the conclusion of this year’s keynote session. Attendees will be encouraged to grab a drink and then meet in breakout rooms to view digital posters together. Each group will have 10-15 attendees and a senior PeDRA investigator to moderate and guide the discussion. Pub Crawl sign up is now closed.
In an effort to facilitate meaningful discussions using the virtual meeting format, only new and ongoing projects will be discussed during breakout sessions and sessions will not be open to the general audience. Workgroup leads and conference organizers are currently scheduling breakout sessions for small groups based on requests submitted during registration, abstract submission, and a project discussion request form. Attendees invited to participate in breakout sessions will be notified by email.
Registration for the 2020 Annual Conference is now closed. All registered attendees will receive a welcome email with instructions to access the virtual conference platform no later than Friday, October 9th.
View the 2020 PeDRA Annual Conference prospectus to learn about industry and advocacy participation and sponsorship opportunities at this year’s conference. The virtual format is expected to broaden the audience at this year’s conference and offers exciting new ways to be involved.
2019 Video Highlights
To learn more about previous annual conferences click here.
Last updated October 1, 2020
To stay connected and get conference updates, join our e-mail list.
PeDRA is grateful to all individuals, organizations, and companies who provide funding in support of our mission. Special thanks to these supporters of PeDRA’s Annual Conference: