October 22-24, 2020
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
Metro Center 1
Bethesda, MD 20814
In 2020 the 8th PeDRA Annual Conference expects to welcome more than two hundred participants – including dedicated scientists, partners from industry and government, patients, and advocates – to learn, share, and advance research that improves the lives of children and families facing the burden of pediatric skin diseases. Whether you’re a longtime PeDRA member or a scientist considering research in the field for the first time, the PeDRA Annual Conference is the place to be this October.
This year’s theme is Power of Engagement. Highlights include:
- Keynote Dinner – Featuring Daniel Kastner, MD, PhD, Scientific Director for the Intramural Research Program at the National Human Genome Research Institute.
- NIH Engagement Panel – Featuring Edward Cowen, MD, MHSc, as moderator, and Peter Grayson, MD, MSc; Heidi Kong, MD, MHSc; Nehal Mehta, MD, MSCE, FAHA; and Robert Micheletti, MD as panelists. This panel will showcase the outcomes and challenges of collaboration between NIH and academic researchers.
- Early Investigator Forum – A session focused on strengthening the skills of early career investigators in the field, through expert presentations and interactive discussions.
- Work Group Breakout Sessions – Dedicated time to facilitate collaboration and advance research studies within PeDRA’s five working groups.
- Expert Consultations – An opportunity to meet with an expert on-on-one. Share your ideas, roadblocks and get tailored advice on how to be successful.
- Poster Sessions and Oral Presentations – Showcasing the latest results in the field and progress being made on active studies. Researchers from academia, advocacy, and industry are encouraged to submit abstracts for consideration.
- Dedicated Patient Track – Dozens of patients, caregivers, and advocates will have the opportunity to connect with scientists and each other, share their experiences, and make an impact on pediatric dermatology research.
- Plenary Session on Building Bridges – featuring presentations from pediatric dermatology researchers working closely across disciplines and with patient advocacy at every stage of the research process
- New! Children’s Camp – Run in collaboration with the Children’s Skin Disease Foundation, the camp will provide structured activities for pediatric patient attendees and families.
View the 2020 PeDRA Annual Conference prospectus to learn about industry and advocacy sponsorship opportunities at this year’s conference.
PeDRA Conference Testimonial
2019 Conference Highlights
To learn more about previous annual conferences click here.
To stay connected and get conference updates, join our e-mail list.