Due to uncertainty of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and commitment to the health, safety, and comfort of all attendees, PeDRA leadership has made decision to conduct the 2020 Annual Conference virtually. Join us October 22 – 23 from the comfort of your home or office for the first-ever virtual PeDRA Annual Conference. Conference organizers remain committed to hosting an event to learn, share, and advance research that improves the lives of children and families facing the burden of pediatric skin diseases. The virtual format will not stop them.
Please bookmark this page and check back often. Updates will be posted here as plans for the virtual conference evolve.
- NIH Engagement Panel -Showcasing the outcomes and challenges of collaboration between NIH and academic researchers.
- Keynote Session – Featuring Daniel Kastner, MD, PhD from the National Human Genome Research Institute.
- Early Investigator Forum – Strengthening the skills of early career investigators in the field. This year’s forum will feature stories of challenges and success in pursuit of NIH funding.
- The Research-Impact of COVID-19 – A special panel showcasing perseverance during the pandemic.
- Virtual Breakout Sessions – Facilitating collaboration and advancing research within PeDRA’s research areas of interest. The virtual format will allow project teams to plan sessions with small groups at convenient times to minimize schedule conflicts and optimize productivity.
- Digital Poster Forum – Showcasing the latest research in the field and updates on active studies. Abstracts welcome from academia, patient advocacy, and industry. Digital posters may be accompanied by an optional audio synopsis.
- Patient Track – Giving patient stakeholders the chance to connect with scientists and each other to make an impact on pediatric dermatology research. This year’s Patient Track will feature a guided tour though the Digital Poster Forum.
- Virtual Exhibit Space – Giving patient groups and industry partners the chance to share content and resources through an easily accessible platform.
Click here for the full agenda.
- Yvonne Chiu, MD from the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Jen Huang, MD from Harvard Medical School
Abstract submissions for the virtual conference are being accepted now with a deadline to submit by Thursday, September 3. Click here for abstract submission guidelines and more information on the Digital Poster Forum.
Registration for the virtual conference is now open, with a deadline to register by Wednesday, September 30. The cost to register is:
- Free for Active, Affiliate, and Trainee PeDRA Members (Join us today if you’re not already a member)
- Free for patients, parents, and advocates
- $50 for non-member clinicians and scientists from academia, government, or private practice
- $200 for representatives from industry (limit 4 representatives per company)
View the 2020 PeDRA Annual Conference prospectus to learn about industry and advocacy participation and sponsorship opportunities at this year’s conference. The virtual format is expected to broaden the audience at this year’s conference and offers exciting new ways to be involved.
2019 Video Highlights
To learn more about previous annual conferences click here.
Last updated July 17, 2020
To stay connected and get conference updates, join our e-mail list.
PeDRA is grateful to all individuals, organizations, and companies who provide funding in support of our mission. Special thanks to these supporters of PeDRA’s Annual Conference: