The 2019 Conference was a hit with more than 200 people in attendance and many fruitful discussions and collaborations. Check out the highlights!
2019 CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDED
- Keynote Dinner featuring Jason Fried, Founder & CEO of Basecamp
Join Jason Fried, Founder & CEO of Basecamp, and Co-Author of New York Times Bestsellers REWORK and It Doesn’t Have to Be Crazy at Work, for an armchair discussion about how to work more effectively and efficiently, without the chaos and stress that’s often celebrated in the work more/work longer culture.
- Early Investigator Forum: Show Me the Money—How to Turn Ideas into Reality
Th 2019 Early Investigator Forum welcomed 112 attendees for focus content on bringing research to fruition with the support of diverse funding sources.
- The Research Hot Seat—A PeDRA Shark Tank
Early to mid-career investigators pitched innovative research projects to a panel of judges (“sharks”) and received on-stage feedback in a friendly and constructive way. $25,000 was awarded to two successful “sharkees.” To learn more, visit our Grants and Awards page.
- Work Group Breakout Sessions: Birthmarks, Genetic Skin Disorders, Inflammatory Skin Disease Collaborative, Neonatal Skin, and Skin Tumors and Reactions to Cancer Therapies
Not 1, not 2, not 3, but 8.5 hours of dedicated Working Group discussion time went towards helping investigators collaborate, find research partners, and brainstorm new and innovative research projects.
- Plenary Session on Innovating through Research
Problem-driven innovation in medicine is where clinicians and researchers play a vital role in creating technological solutions to unmet, but identified, clinical problems—attendees heard from Lilit Garabyan, MD, PhD of Harvard Medical School and Steven Xu, MD, MSc, of Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine on how they found innovation through their research.
Thank you to our 2019 conference supporters!