PeDRA is now hiring for a biostatistician to provide centralized statistical services for collaborative research studies in its network.
The Pediatric Dermatology Research Alliance (PeDRA) is a growing organization pursuing the mission to create, inspire, and sustain research to prevent, treat, and cure childhood skin disease. Statistics has been identified as one of the common bottlenecks affecting collaborative studies in the PeDRA research network. PeDRA investigators sometimes forego preliminary planning with an expert statistician to inform study design and often encounter delays in late stages of a project due to inadequate resources to analyze data, conduct secondary analyses, or take a study in a promising new direction. To overcome these obstacles and improve the pace and quality of PeDRA research, PeDRA is seeking a biostatistician to support its members in the planning, conduct, and presentation of studies.
- Provide broad statistical support to PeDRA members planning or conducting research in the field of pediatric dermatology.
- Conduct one‐hour, virtual consultations with members planning future research.
- Assist members with study design, including statistical power calculations, sample size testing, and defining primary and secondary endpoints.
- Data management including querying, cleaning, and validating data.
- Design and prepare documentation for data management and data analyses.
- Collaborate with study teams to analyze data, including selection of appropriate statistical models and conducting statistical tests and regression analyses utilizing statistical software.
- Populate data tables and draft sections on analytic methods and results; provide interpretation for results for manuscripts and other reports. Substantive contributions to manuscripts may be recognized with authorship.
- Maintain regular communication with Executive Director.
- Other tasks as requested. May include support of organizational data presentations or outcomes tracking.
- Master’s degree in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, or similar. PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience. Time spent conducting graduate‐level research may be counted as relevant work experience.
- Expertise with statistical methods, including study planning and data analysis.
- Proficiency with, and access to, statistical analysis software (SPSS, Stata, and SAS)
- Familiarity with medical research. Specific experience in pediatrics and/or dermatology preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing responsibilities with minimal oversight.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the PeDRA Biostatistician to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must regularly sit at a workstation and look at a computer screen. The employee must frequently stand and must occasionally lift objects.
Environment: The PeDRA Biostatistician will work from their home or other suitable location that has access to internet and necessary software. They will be expected to use their own computer, phone, and other necessary equipment to fulfill job duties.
Hours: 4 hours per month on retainer plus additional time as needed on an hourly basis. Not expected to exceed an average of 32 hours per month.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until August 15 or until the position has been filled.