PeDRA is now hiring for a part-time Communications Manager to support external communications across multiple modalities.
PeDRA is a growing organization pursuing the mission to create, inspire, and sustain research to prevent, treat, and cure childhood skin disease. PeDRA’s Communications Manager will implement effective and consistent communication through multiple modalities that strengthen the PeDRA community and ensure that updates, programs, and offerings are reaching their targeted audiences. The Communications Manager will reach new members, strengthen interpersonal connections between current members and partners, and enrich the fabric of the pediatric dermatology research community. Through these activities and others, PeDRA’s Communications Manager will advance PeDRA’s mission and bring us closer to the vision of changing lives and healing children through collaboration and discovery.
- Manage PeDRA’s website, including content creation, page updates, organization, and flow. Track and optimize web traffic and collaborate with PeDRA staff, volunteers, graphic designers, and technical support contractors to make necessary website updates.
- Manage PeDRA’s social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Work with relevant PeDRA staff and volunteers to regularly post content, grow PeDRA’s social media audience, and support fundraising efforts and other programs and initiatives.
- Manage PeDRA’s email messaging, including monthly e-newsletters and announcements.
- Manage PeDRA’s mobile app, including content creation, updates, organization, and flow.
- Write and edit copy, preserving PeDRA’s brand, alignment with PeDRA’s mission and vision, and a consistent style of communication across all modalities.
- Work closely with relevant staff, committees, and partners to ensure communications approaches are achieving intended goals.
- Other activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years relevant experience preferred.
- Expertise with websites (WordPress), social media, and email communication.
- Experience communicating with volunteers, health care providers, and researchers.
- Strong written and verbal communication, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, email services (MailChimp or similar), and comfort with basic graphic design
- Ability to think strategically and manage multiple ongoing responsibilities with minimal oversight
- Interest in supporting a mission-driven organization committed to improving the lives of children through research
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must regularly sit at a workstation and look at a computer screen. The employee must frequently stand and must occasionally lift objects.
Environment: PeDRA is a virtual organization, with each employee working remotely. The Communications Manager will work from their home or other suitable location that has access to the internet, preferably in Oregon or Washington State.
Hours: 12-20 hours per week on a flexible schedule to be mutually agreed upon with the Executive Director.
Travel: Overnight travel possible to attend the PeDRA Annual Conference.
PeDRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to supporting equity, diversity, and inclusion across all facets of its organization, membership, and programs. PeDRA is proud to consider candidates based on their qualifications and readiness to support the PeDRA mission, regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, religion, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.