- To advance our understanding of normal skin development in the fetus, premature and term neonate.
- To develop evidenced-based treatment recommendations for skin care and skin disease in premature and term neonates.
At the inaugural PeDRA conference in 2013, physicians and researchers identified a need for improving our understanding of skin development and skin care in the preterm and term neonate, and the Neonatal Skin Group was formed.
Short term plans: – Engage potential collaborators, including pediatricians, neonatologists, nurses, and researchers with expertise or interest in fetal/newborn skin development
Research Topics of Interest
- Utility of transepidermal water loss (TEWL) measurements in care of neonates, including premature neonates Skin care in premature neonates, including use of emollients
- Skin care in full term neonates
- Vernix caseosa
- Epidermal barrier differentiation in neonatal skin
We welcome additional investigators and other studies of interest! Please contact the respective leads below.
How to Get Involved
Please contact: Raegan Hunt, MD, PhD