PeDRA as a collective network of clinicians and scientists has been able to affect real change in the field of pediatric dermatology. You can join our network by becoming a member here.
Benefits and Member Responsibilities
Our promise to you and the benefits of being a PeDRA member include:
- Access to protected data on studies within the network.
- Access central resources that support investigators’ research, assistance with publications, utilities for working with collaborators, and more.
- Preferred access to programs and initiatives such as PeDRA Mentorship, the PeDRA Annual Conference (discounted fee to members!) and other PeDRA meetings, and PeDRA grants opportunities.
- Ability to become a part of PeDRA’s governance. (e.g. Becoming a candidate for PeDRA leadership, voting on issues, etc.)
What we ask in return:
- Payment of annual dues.
- Active participation in PeDRA studies.
- Attendance of PeDRA scientific meetings at least every three years including but not limited to PeDRA’s annual conference.
- Advocacy for PeDRA and the advancement of PeDRA’s mission and vision.
Physicians, scientists and other healthcare professionals working in the field of pediatric dermatology can be a part of PeDRA. PeDRA offers the following membership categories:
1. ACTIVE MEMBER – $150/year
Active Members are expected to be engaged in PeDRA activities, including but not limited to the design and conduct of PeDRA research and administrative service.
Active Members are eligible as one (1) of the following:
1. A board-certified dermatologist who devotes significant professional effort (in clinical care and/or research) to pediatric dermatology or an area relevant to pediatric dermatology.
a. Candidates from the U.S. or Canada need to be certified in Dermatology by the American Board of Dermatology, American Osteopathic Board of Dermatology, or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. International candidates need to show equivalent training and accreditation. American Board of Dermatology Certification in Pediatric Dermatology or the demonstration of training equivalent to 1 year of pediatric dermatology fellowship is highly desirable, but not required.
2. A non-dermatologist physician or research scientist with significant professional effort in pediatric dermatology or an area relevant to pediatric dermatology.
a. M.D. or Ph.D. (or equivalent principal investigator) candidates from the U.S., Canada, or abroad who have committed significant professional effort to pediatric dermatology or a field relevant to pediatric dermatology.
2. ACTIVE MEMBER – EMERITUS – $75/year
Active members who have reached the age of 70 years may apply for Emeritus status.
3. TRAINEE MEMBER – No charge
Trainee Members are post-graduate residents or fellows in the United States, Canada, or abroad who are currently participating in clinical and / or research training in pediatric dermatology or an area relevant to pediatric dermatology.
Trainee members must be in good standing at their program and must be nominated by an Active Member of PeDRA.
4. AFFILIATE MEMBER – $100/year
Individuals in the following categories are eligible to be an Affiliate Member of PeDRA:
1. Research Associates and Research Coordinators who actively work on studies related to pediatric dermatology.
2. Physician extenders, such as nurse practitioners and physician assistants, actively practicing pediatric dermatology.
For information about Patient Advocacy Organization or Industry Partnership, please contact Sheila Rittenberg, Executive Director.