By creating a collaborative network of researchers, PeDRA multiplies the power of individual scientists and enables them to together tackle important questions and gaps in knowledge and therapeutics for pediatric skin diseases. Multicenter studies that are underway are listed below, with multiple other studies in planning phases. We welcome additional investigators and input!
The Burden of Pediatric Skin Disease — the “Big Study”
PeDRA is launching a cross-disease study to address the role of stigma in pediatric skin disorders – and how it relates to anxiety, depression, and social functioning of children with these diseases. Amy Paller and Sarah Chamlin of Northwestern University are the co-PIs. We are recruiting 3500 parent/child combinations in US and Canada. Click here to learn more, and to participate as a site in this innovative and important project.
- Multicenter Phenotype-Genotype analysis of Vascular Overgrowth Syndromes. **No longer accepting additional study sites**
– Contact: Clinical Research Assistant – Katherine Mueller, Phone: 414-955-2846.
- Multicenter Retrospective Review of Beta Blocker Use in Young, Small, and Pre-term Infants for Infantile Hemangioma. – Contact: Wendy Kim, DO, Phone: 708-897-5608.
See additional details about Birthmarks
Genetic Skin Disorders
- Prospective Study of Newborns with Ichthyosis. – Contact: Brittany Craiglow, MD
- Yale Disorders of Keratinization Project. – Contact: Keith Choate, MD, PhD
- Gene Discovery and Genetic Diagnosis in Inherited and Mosaic Skin Disorders. – Contact: Keith Choate, MD, PhD
- Epidermolysis Bullosa Clinical Characterization and Outcomes Database (CCOD). – Contact: Anna Bruckner, MD
- Epidermolysis Bullosa Anemia study. – Contact: Anna Bruckner, MD
See additional details about Genetic Skin Disorders
Inflammatory Skin Diseases
- Prospective, observational study of the 4 major systemic agents available for severe atopic dermatitis. – Contact: Wynnis Tom, MD
- Morphea clinical registry and biobank. – Contact: Yvonne Chiu, MD
- A retrospective review of squaric acid for alopecia areata. – Contact: Nanette Silverberg, MD
- Characterizing Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris: A Retrospective Chart Review of Clinical Features and Patient Outcomes. – Contact: Lacey Kruse MD
See additional details about Inflammatory Skin Diseases
Our multicenter study with IRB approval underway is listed below, with other studies in planning phases. The Neonatal Skin Study Group continues to grow and welcomes new research ideas and collaborations!
- Current practices for the evaluation of pustulosis in afebrile neonates. – Contact: Christine Lauren, MD
See additional details about Neonatal Skin
Skin Tumors and Reactions to Cancer Therapies (STARC)
Our multicenter study with IRB approval underway is listed below, with other studies in planning phases. The STARC Study Group welcomes new members and project proposals.
- Retrospective evaluation of pediatric cutaneous mastocytosis. – Contact: Leslie Lawley, MD
- Basal Cell Carcinoma Nevus Syndrome (BCCNS) Clinical Registry. – Contact: Joyce Teng, MD, PhD
See additional details about Skin Tumors and Reactions to Cancer Therapies (STARC)