By creating a collaborative network of researchers, PeDRA multiplies the power of individual scientists and enables them to work to together to tackle important questions and gaps in knowledge and therapeutics for pediatric skin diseases. Multicenter studies that are underway are listed below, with multiple other studies in planning phases. We welcome additional investigators and input!
Starting a PeDRA Study or Survey
PeDRA Studies and Surveys may be overseen by any active PeDRA member (the principal investigator) working in collaboration with at least one other investigator on a research study or survey relevant to the field of pediatric dermatology. The principal investigator must be a PeDRA member, but it is not a requirement that any other investigator be a member. Investigators may reside at either the same institution or at different institutions, however at least one investigator must reside at an institution within the United States, Canada, or Mexico. The same individual can submit an application on behalf of multiple studies, but only one application is allowed per study. Principal investigators must be willing to agree to ongoing communication with PeDRA staff via periodic phone calls and/or email.
Principal investigators will have the opportunity to request the support they’d like for their study in the PeDRA Study Application form. The support provided to each PeDRA Study will be mutually agreed upon between the principal investigator and PeDRA staff with oversight and approval from the PeDRA Studies Committee. Support may or not match the requests made in the application. By default, certain study types will be entitled to certain support benefits. For example:
- Surveys will be eligible for dissemination by email to the PeDRA and/or SPD email lists.
- Studies will be eligible for centralized research coordinator support and Study Support Grants
For additional information on the support provided to PeDRA Studies please review the PeDRA Research Toolkit.
How to apply for a PeDRA Study or Survey:
- Review the PeDRA Study and Survey RFA.
- Complete the Fillable PeDRA Study Application.
- Submit by email to PeDRA Research Coordinator, Katherine Devenport.
- Your application will be reviewed by the PeDRA Studies Committee and you will be notified of the outcome within about six weeks.