Abstract Submission Guidelines
PeDRA will accept abstract submissions for posters to be displayed during a Digital Poster Forum at the virtual 2021 PeDRA Annual Conference. All abstracts will undergo peer review by the PeDRA Outcomes Committee, selected based upon their suitability for display at the Conference and the following guidelines:
- Abstracts should demonstrate findings ready to share with PeDRA membership and/or other stakeholders (including patients, parents, and advocates) in attendance at the Conference.
- Abstracts will be prioritized if they are from a PeDRA Study, PeDRA-funded grant, or include at least one PeDRA member as an author.
- Abstract submissions will be considered from any Conference attendee, including representatives from industry and patient advocacy.
- Case reports will only be considered if linked directly to a new or ongoing research question or PeDRA study.
- At least one author must be a registered attendee at the Conference for an abstract to be considered.
- There will be no embargo placed on abstracts or posters/presentations at the 2021 PeDRA Annual Conference.
- Encore abstracts will be considered.
Abstracts submitted for consideration in the Digital Poster Forum will not automatically be considered for discussion during research breakout sessions, nor is submission of an abstract required to participate in a breakout session. Please use this separate form to submit a breakout session project discussion request, email us, or contact the Focused Study Group lead directly. Medical Students should also consider the 2021 PeDRA Medical Student Forum as a venue to present project updates and results. Applications to the Student Forum must be submitted separately using this form (coming soon).
Please note that no abstracts will be selected for live oral presentation during the Conference due to the condensed conference schedule. However, 5-7 abstracts will be selected by the Outcomes Committee to provide a short video synopsis of their poster, which will be available on-demand throughout the conference as a digital poster highlight reel.
Abstracts will be limited to a maximum of 250 words and may be accompanied by an optional 150-word maximum layman’s summary suitable for the patient stakeholder audience. Authors who choose to provide a layman’s summary will have the opportunity for their poster to be part of a guided poster tour for patients, parents, and advocates who attend the conference, and also to request patient feedback and/or solicit patient stakeholder engagement in their projects.
Digital posters will be accessible as images and/or pdfs visible to registered conference attendees through PeDRA’s virtual conference platform for a set amount of time. Specific details for the digital poster format will be communicated to authors no later than Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
All posters included in the Digital Poster Forum will also have the ability to include QR codes or hyperlinks to relevant supplemental resources, publications, or presentations.
Thursday, June 24
Abstract submission portal opens
Tuesday, August 24 at 11:59PM PDT
Abstract submission deadline
Tuesday, September 14
Authors notified of peer-review outcome
Monday, October 4
Deadline to submit digital posters and accompanying audio/video synopses if selected for highlight reel
Thursday, October 14 – Friday, October 15
Digital Poster Forum
Last updated June 4, 2021