Guide to Posters at the 2023 PeDRA Annual Conference
Print posters from accepted abstracts will be shared at the 2023 PeDRA Annual Conference in a poster hall at the Weston Buckhead Atlanta. All posters will be accessible to all conference attendees, including PeDRA members, patients, advocates, and representatives from industry and other organizations.
Posters may be printed in color or black and white and may include images, text, and QR codes. Authors are encouraged to make use of images and graphics in lieu of text that may be small when posters are viewed from a distance and to print on either paper or fabric to ease travel burdens. Check with your host institution for branded poster templates and consider these free online resources when designing your poster:
- UNC Graduate School Poster and Presentation Resources
- Yale University Library Academic Poster Resources
- How to make an academic poster in PowerPoint (YouTube video)
Printed posters will be displayed on free-standing boards and may occupy a space no greater than 4 feet tall by 3 feet wide. Note that two posters will be displayed side by side on each physical poster board so please be very diligent to adhere to these size limitations. Posters that exceed this size may need to be removed. Authors will be assigned a number that corresponds with a poster board location and provided with pushpins to hang their posters.
Authors are encouraged not to print their posters onsite after traveling to Atlanta. PeDRA will be unable to assist authors who choose to print their posters onsite. Print posters should either be printed ahead of time and brought to the conference venue or mailed directly to the following address to arrive no later than Wednesday, November 8:
The Weston Buckhead Atlanta
3391 Peachtree Road, N.E.,
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Attn: PeDRA Conference – Poster PRESENTING AUTHOR LAST NAME, FIRST NAME
Authors should plan to hang their posters between 11AM and 2PM on Thursday, November 9. If it’s not possible to have posters on display by 2PM then authors may hang posters whenever they are able. Posters not removed from display boards by 11AM on Saturday, November 11 will be recycled. Authors should visit the registration table during the conference with questions or to pick up pre-mailed posters.
Navigating the Digital Poster Hall
Full text abstracts and layperson summaries (if applicable) will be visible to conference attendees as a sortable and searchable collection of titles, authors, and abstracts on the conference app. No digital poster images will be displayed on the app.
Connecting with the Audience
Attendees will have the opportunity to connect with authors in the following ways:
- In person, during the poster reception on Thursday evening (November 9) and during other conference meals, breaks, and transitions.
- By posting questions and comments for the author on their abstract’s chat panel. Authors are encouraged to check it often during the conference to respond to questions and comments posted in the chat section of their abstract. Questions and comments shared through this feature will be public.
- By sending direct messages to the author using the Messages feature of the conference app. Refer to the FAQ section for instructions on how to engage with individual attendees using this feature. Messages sent through this feature will be private.
- By clicking “Request Follow Up” next to the abstract on the conference app. This will generate an automated, generic email message sent to the primary author’s email address.
Attendees will be incentivized to visit posters as part of a conference game. PeDRA staff may independently, or in collaboration with authors, identify game components relevant to a random selection of posters.
Friday, October 6, 2023
Authors notified of peer-review outcome
Thursday, October 26, 2023
Deadline to register for the PeDRA Annual Conference. All posters must have at least one author registered for the conference.
Thursday, November 9, 2023
Poster Reception at the PeDRA Annual Conference in Atlanta, GA.
All posters should be hung on their assigned board no later than 3PM to participate in the poster session.
Saturday, November 11, 2023
All posters should be removed by 11AM. Posters left up will be recycled.
Last updated October 6, 2023