2023 Abstract Submission Guidelines
PeDRA will accept abstract submissions for posters to be displayed in both physical and digital formats during the PeDRA Poster Forum at the 2023 PeDRA Annual Conference. All abstracts will undergo peer review by the PeDRA Outcomes Committee and will be selected based upon their suitability for display at the Conference and the following guidelines:
- Abstracts should demonstrate findings ready to share with PeDRA membership and/or other stakeholders (including patients, parents, and advocates) in attendance at the Conference.
- Abstracts will be prioritized if they are from a PeDRA Study, PeDRA-funded grant, or include at least one PeDRA member as an author.
- Abstract submissions will be considered from any Conference attendee, including representatives from industry and patient advocacy.
- Case reports will only be considered if linked directly to a new or ongoing research question, PeDRA Study, or PeDRA-funded grant.
- No more than three (3) abstracts discussing one individual study will be considered.
- At least one author must be a registered attendee at the Conference for an abstract to be considered.
- There will be no embargo placed on abstracts or posters/presentations at the 2023 PeDRA Annual Conference.
- Encore abstracts* will be considered.
Abstracts submitted for consideration in the PeDRA Poster Forum will not automatically be considered for discussion during breakout sessions, nor is submission of an abstract required to participate in a breakout session. If you would like your project to be considered for discussion in a breakout session, please contact the Focused Study Group leads or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Trainees should also consider the 2023 PeDRA NextGen Research Forum as a venue to present project updates and results. Applications to the NextGen Research Forum must be submitted separately using this form.
A small number of abstracts will be selected by the Outcomes Committee for live oral presentation during the Conference on Saturday, November 11. Authors will have the opportunity to indicate their interest in being considered for this opportunity through the abstract submission form.
Abstracts will be limited to a maximum of 250 words and may be accompanied by an optional 150-word maximum layperson’s summary suitable for the patient stakeholder audience. Authors who choose to provide a layperson’s summary will have the opportunity for their poster to be part of a structured activity for patients, parents, and advocates who attend the conference, and also to request patient feedback and/or solicit patient stakeholder engagement in their projects.
All accepted abstracts will be shared as physical posters at the in-person conference and in digital format as abstract text and layperson summaries (if applicable) will be visible to registered conference attendees through the mobile app for a set amount of time. Specific details for the in-person format will be communicated to authors no later than Friday, October 6, 2023.
All posters included in the in-person PeDRA Poster Forum are able to include QR codes to relevant supplemental resources, publications, or presentations.
Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Abstract submission portal opens
Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 5:00PM PT
Abstract submission deadline
Friday, October 6, 2023
Authors notified of peer-review outcome
Thursday, November 9 – Saturday, November 11, 2023
PeDRA Poster Forum
*Encore abstracts refer to abstracts that communicate data which has previously been presented elsewhere.
Last updated May 23, 2023