June 7, 2022 – Eight trainees have been awarded 2022 PeDRA Research Fellowships to conduct one year of mentored research under the guidance of a senior investigator in the field of pediatric dermatology. PeDRA continues to increase its annual investment in this very popular program, with a total investment of $160,000 across the eight projects in 2022.
Click through the links below to learn more about each of this year’s Research Fellowships:
- Siri Choragudi will conduct a project titled “Effects of IBAT inhibitors on itch in pediatric liver disease patients” under the mentorship of Gil Yosipovitch, MD at the University of Miami.
- Austin Johnson will conduct a project titled “Epidermolysis Bullosa Simplex Disease Activity and Response Tool (EBSdart): Scoring Clinical Severity and Outcomes in Epidermolysis Bullosa Simplex” under the mentorship of Joyce Teng, MD, PhD at Stanford.
- Jaron Nazaroff will conduct a project titled “Online, Home-Based Epidermolysis Bullosa Patient Registry” under the mentorship of Jean Tang, MD, PhD at Stanford.
- Micah Pascual will conduct a project titled “Daxpe: Native Skin Health Survey” under the mentorship of Lucinda Kohn, MD at the University of Colorado.
- Sara Sadeghi will conduct a project titled “Consensus Management of RIME in Children and Adolescents” under the mentorship of Michele Ramien, MD at Alberta Children’s Hospital.
- Jennifer Sui will conduct a project titled “Characterization of non-coding genetic loci and transcription factors that drive development of linear morphea” under the mentorship of Dawn Eichenfield, MD, PhD at the University of California, San Diego.
- Yaron Noam Zafrir will conduct a project titled “Hypopigmented mycosis fungoides True lymphoma or T-cell dyscrasia: A Retrospective and prospective cohort study” under the mentorship of Elena Pope, MD at SickKids Hospital.
- Diana Zarowin will conduct a project titled “N-Acetylcysteine for Habit – Based Cutaneous Conditions: A Review of Real-World Use in the Pediatric Population” under the mentorship of Jim Treat, MD at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
To learn more about Research Fellowships and other funding opportunities, visit PeDRA’s Grants & Awards Page or send us an email. If you aren’t already a PeDRA member, join us to be eligible to mentor a research fellow in 2023.
Special thanks to AbbVie, Pfizer, Sanofi Genzyme and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, and individual donors for their support of 2022 PeDRA Research Fellowships.