PeDRA is now hiring for a PeDRA Fellow to support organizational activities for the 2021-22 academic year (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022).
PeDRA is a growing organization pursuing the mission to create, inspire, and sustain research to prevent, treat, and cure childhood skin disease. The PeDRA Fellow is a non-academic position intended to provide valuable support to PeDRA’s social media marketing, leadership administration, and key programmatic initiatives. The Fellow will gain valuable work experience, insight into the inner workings of a nonprofit organization, and an opportunity to build their network in the field of pediatric dermatology. Through these activities, the PeDRA Fellow will support the community of pediatric dermatology researchers and position themselves to become an integral part of that community in their future career.
– Manage PeDRA’s social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. Work with relevant PeDRA staff and volunteers to regularly post content, grow PeDRA’s social media audience, and support fundraising efforts and other programs and initiatives.
– Support consensus guidelines and best practice recommendation efforts within PeDRA. Tasks associated with this support will be determined in collaboration with relevant project leads and are likely to include administrative support, literature review, and survey preparation.
– Provide administrative support to the PeDRA Board of Directors and Executive Committee. This will include scheduling meetings, preparing meeting minutes, and other tasks as assigned.
– Coordinate medical student volunteer support at the PeDRA Annual Conference. Student responsibilities may include notetaking during breakout sessions, hosting small group activities, and marketing.
– Provide administrative support for PeDRA’s activities at national conferences, which may include the annual meetings of AAD, SID, and/or SPD.
– Other tasks as assigned. These may include administrative support for committees, communication with Focused Study Groups, and assistance with PeDRA marketing and communication materials.
– Bachelor’s degree and either current enrollment in an accredited medical school or recent graduate prior to starting intern or residency
– Demonstrated commitment to a career in pediatric dermatology
– Experience and enthusiasm for social media messaging and marketing
– Experience conducting literature reviews and corresponding with health care providers and/or researchers
– Some experience with general administrative tasks and/or organizational logistics
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and email services
– Strong written and verbal communication and attention to detail
– Ability to manage multiple ongoing responsibilities with minimal oversight
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the PeDRA Fellow to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must regularly sit at a workstation and look at a computer screen. The employee must frequently stand and must occasionally lift objects
Environment: PeDRA is a virtual organization, with each employee working remotely. The PeDRA Fellow will work from their home or other suitable location that has access to internet, and will be expected to use their own computer, phone, and other necessary equipment to fulfill job duties.
Hours: 12-20 hours per month on a flexible schedule to be mutually agreed upon with the Executive Director.
Travel: Overnight travel two times per year, to the PeDRA Annual Conference and one other event (AAD, SID, or SPD)
Annual stipend of $5,000 plus registration fees and travel expenses to the PeDRA Annual Conference and one other medical/scientific conference per year
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until May 15 or until the position has been filled.